At looooooong last, we have finished the renovation of our guest bathroom, and checked off our very first real home renovation project. We came in right under the wire, at literally a few hours short of eight full weeks.
When the electrician, our last contractor to visit, came in, he gave us the best compliment. "Wow, you did this all yourselves? You would never know."
My favorite details...
Thanks to this project, we now know how to:
- Demolish plumbing and built-in furniture
- Remove and install a toilet
- Pull up resilient flooring
- Level a concrete subfloor
- Lay and grout floor tile
- Install a recessed medicine cabinet
- Install a new vanity
- Install a sink faucet
- Hang a heavy mirror
- Install a GFCI outlet and new light dimmer/timer switches
- Buy the right shower/tub trim for the built-in plumbing
- Install and caulk molding
- Install a range of bath hardware