They showed HGTV designer Taniya Nayak's condo in Boston. (Cue the angels singing.)
All images of Taniya's apartment from Apartment Therapy house tour
If I were to use words like "swoon" or "yes, please" as exclamations, I would use them here.
I love absolutely everything about it:
- the pops of olive green and chartreuse throughout the entire home
- the otherwise neutral, unified color scheme, but...
- the fact that it's not all beige or white, rather the neutrals vary widely
- all the texture, and the plush look of everything
- all those shaggy rugs
- the modern look but welcoming feel
- the green Womb Chair that I secretly pine for
- the birch branches in the vase that are way more original than most sticks in vases (and I adore birch)
- the outdoor fabric covering on the dining chairs that you'd never guess was stain-proof (genius!)
- that she has a GIANT television, but that's not where your eyes go immediately
- the way they've made the interior mesh with the exterior, and the view is as much part of the decor as everything inside
Seeing Taniya's home is mega inspiration for me. Perhaps we'll be seeing a similar approach to color in our new house??? Olive greens and chartreuses already play a prominent role in our current place, so this could be right up our alley.
If you enjoyed reading this post, why not subscribe or follow? And please comment!